Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Organized Holiday Home

Slick and I are working on getting all of the Christmas boxes and the many bags of garland into the attic and in the meantime on getting the Valentines ones out so the Peep and I can flood the house with LOVE. Slick was in the attic looking for the Valentines boxes- he found seven for Halloween, two for Thanksgiving, fourteen for Christmas, six for Easter and ONE for Valentines.
I am trying to get things organized around here before I open it to put anything out- you know- move a little furniture, throw away a few old magazines, file the last six month's worth of receipts for the Paper Business... but I had to take a peek to see how I could have managed to fit one of the most fun holidays into ONE box.

Easily, it turns out.

There were things purchased but unopened from Martha By Mail the now defunct Martha Stewart pre-jailbird mail order company that I loved, packages and packages of heart shaped paper lace doilies and what surely are a million heart covered pencils for the Peep's class party.

After reading this month's- and the the previous six months of Domino one of my new favorite magazines... my plan is to get it all together this month- which means 14 days and counting- but please- don't be too hard on me if I have to stop for a few minutes and make some heart shaped cookies or something- I mean how often can I use the 11 different heart shaped cookie cutters that I have collected over the last 10 or so years- each of which I LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Seriously, I love them.

PS: I thought you might enjoy this picture of the Peep at Valentines 2005.

No comments: