Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy Birthday HillDog!

My sister. I remember the day- 29 years ago that she was born. I was at Memaw and Peepaws farm in Sulphur Springs and we got the call when they said after months of waiting she was born.
Then a few days later Memaw and I drove home to see her. We got to our house before my parents and we did not have a key so we played in the front yard for what seemed like HOURS waiting.

I am pretty sure that when Chief and Lulu got to our house, HillDog was in the front seat in Lulu's arms- not in the now required by law car seat in the back seat facing the back window. She was wearing a white dress- I think with pink rosebude on it- but they might have been yellow.

Then we went inside ans sat on the gold fabric sofa and I got to give her a bottle- and that was the beginning... Now she's an elementary school special ed teacher, an aunt, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a domino player, a canasta partner. Wow what can change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happiest of Birthdays to you Hilldog! The Neighbor Loves you! K.C. to you (thats Kennychesney)

Anonymous said...

HB Hilldog!! You're such a SPECIAL daughter !! If paper girl thinks 28 years went fast, guess how fast chief and lulu think it went !!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Hilldog!!